Join OUR
International StudentS

Student Enrollment

We will be happy to guide you through our Admission process. One of our International Admission Specialists will guide you step-by-step through the process. If you need assistance, please email us or call us.

M1 Visa and I-20

The second step after your enrollment will be the issuance of the Form I-20 to obtain a M1 Student Visa for your flight training with us. I-20 forms may be issued for up to one year. We are here to assist you. Please contact us with any question you may have.

Kingsky TSA Logo


With your Visa in hand you must submit your TSA Training request. Under U.S. law , U.S. flight training providers are prohibited from training any flight training candidates or students unless they have submitted certain information to TSA, and TSA has determined that the individual does not pose a threat to aviation or national security.

International Student Admission

Non-US citizens receiving training in the United States generally need a student visa. Given events of the recent past, flight training is monitored especially closely. The purpose of your visit to the United States determines what visa you will need. If you are traveling to the United States solely for flight training, you are considered a student, and you will need a student visa. Please contact the US embassy in your home country, your local US consulate, or the Department of State to determine what kind of visa you will need for your trip. Begin planning for your arrival and stay in Florida well in advance. Some U.S. embassies have wait times of a couple of weeks to apply for a visa interview. The visa requirements sound a lot worse than they actually are. But don’t worry–the visa application process is simpler than it sounds. Along with your training application, we will send a detailed description how to apply for an I-20 form and obtain your M1 student visa.

Before you start on your application make sure you have a digital copy of these documents:

Valid Passport

You will need a digital copy of a valid passport to obtain a student visa and enter the country legally. Make sure your passport is up-to-date and has enough validity.

High School Diploma

A digital copy diploma or an equivalent certificate is necessary to demonstrate that you've completed your secondary education.

Financial Statement

A Digital Copy of a Bank statement showing an amount equal to the cost of the course that you're taking plus expenses.

Financial Support Letter

If someone other than yourself is providing the financial statement (Bank statement), that person must fill out the Financial Support Letter and you must add it to your application.

*Please have a digital copy of these documents prior to beginning the enrollment form linked below. 

12 Easy Steps to Get Started

Step 1

Complete Student I-20 Application Form

Step 2

Make sure you have paid $500 of the non-refundable registration fee. 

Step 3

Make sure to Upload Financial verification (bank statement); if the bank statement is not in your name, include the financial support verification form. 

Step 4

Confirm with our team the receipt of your enrollment

Step 5

We issue Form I-20 for your visa
1.You get an advance e-mail copy with the Sevis Nxxx number
2.We send the original to your address by UPS overnight express

Step 6

Pay Sevis I-901 fee of $350 to Sevis. You will need Form I-20 from us to do this.

Step 9

Step 10

Personal interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate

Step 11

The Embassy/Consulate will issue you the M1 visa. The Visa will either be mailed to your home or needed to
be picked up at Embassy/Consulate. Be sure to check the correct procedure for your local U.S. Embassy/Consulate.
Once you have your visa, be sure to verify that you received the correct visa type (M-1) and email us a copy of your visa.

Step 12

Submit TSA Training Request:
– Register with TSA (www)
– Inform the school that you have registered with TSA.
– Pay for your application.
– Inform school when you receive the e-mail Documents accepted/fingerprint instructions
– Schedule your Fingerprint collection and wait for final approval.

Before you make any travel arrangements ensure you have received from Kingsky Admissions, a written confirmation of your class start date.

When you may need a M1 student visa:

  • Flight Training for a new license or rating
  • Obtaining additional Ratings
  • Flight Instructor Training

When you may NOT need a M1 studentvisa:

  • Stand-Alone FAA License
  • Foreign Pilot License Validation
  • Restricted foreign based License
  • Flying Vacation and Hour Building
  • Checkout w/ Flight Instructor
  • Acquisition of an Endorsement

Please contact the U.S. embassy in your home country, your local U.S. consulate, or the Department of State to determine whatkind of visa you will need for your trip.

Kingsky Flight Academy Designated School Official (SEVIS)

Lance Kalil
SEVIS Principal Designated School Official